#05 - Anthology Magazine Poetry Competition
ANNUAL EVENT: Established to recognise and encourage excellence in the craft of poetry writing and to provide a platform for publication, the Anthology Poetry Competition is open to original and previously unpublished poems in the English language. Entries are invited from poets of all nationalities, living anywhere in the world. There is no restriction on theme or style. Poems submitted should not exceed 40 lines. There is no limit to entries per person. Each submission will require a separate entry form and is subject to a separate entry fee.
It is not a requirement, but is advisable to refer to Anthology magazine or purchase a copy before submitting your work, so that you can see the type of material we publish. Subscriptions and single copies are available to purchase through our online shop.
- FIRST: The winner will receive a €1,000 cash prize and the chance to see their work published in a future issue of Anthology. The winner will also receive a one-year subscription subscription to Anthology.
- SECOND: €250
- THIRD: €150
Submission deadline and entry fees
Standard fee: €18 – up to 31 October 2023
How to enter
Click on the image to access the website and entry form page. Fill in your details, upload your entry and complete the payment before clicking 'submit'. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions below for competition rules.Submit a Poem
Terms and conditions
- To enter, submit an original, unpublished poem, written in English with a maximum of 40 lines.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit.
- All poems are judged anonymously and therefore the poet's name must not appear on the poem itself. Name and contact details should be on the entry form only.
- There is no age limit.
- Once selected, the winner will be contacted by email or telephone.
- Copyright remains with the author but Anthology reserves the right to be the first to publish or arrange a broadcast of the winning poem. The right to use the winning poem to further publicise this award is also retained.
- Submission of a written piece implies the author's acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Prize money will be paid on publication of the winning Poem in Anthology magazine.
- Click on the image to find out more: